This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com .
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed of greens at stem
- About 1/4 cup EVOO  – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 to 8 anchovy filets
- 4 cloves garlic. peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- A fat pinch saffron threads
- Small handful golden raisins
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes or 2 large, ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound perciatelli or bucatini
- Shaved or grated Pecorino cheese
- About 1/3 cup toasted, chopped pistachios, pine nuts or sliced almonds
- A handful of basil leaves, torn
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
Bring a large pot  of water to a boil and salt the water liberally. Add the cauliflower whole and cook in boiling water for 8-10 minutes; cold shock to cool slightly and drain. Cut florets loose into bite-sized pieces and finely chop the stem.
Heat the EVOO , 4 turns of the pan , over medium heat. Add anchovies and stir to dissolve them into the oil, breaking them up with your spoon. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and swirl 1-2 minutes. Add wine and reduce by half; add chicken stock, saffron, golden raisins, tomatoes, cauliflower florets and black pepper. Bring to a bubble and simmer sauce while the pasta cooks.
Cook the pasta to a minute shy of suggested cooking time, about 6 minutes. Add half a mug of starchy cooking water to sauce and toss with drained pasta.
Serve in shallow bowls  topped with cheese, toasted nuts, some basil and parsley.