Sliced Spice Steak and Succotash Salad
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 4 New York strip steaks (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or 1 tablespoon sugar
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced crossed 1/4 inch thick
- One 15-ounce can butter beans, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 bunch snipped chives (about 1/4 cup)
- Salt and pepper
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Char the corn all over, 5 to 10 minutes total. Scrape the kernels from the cobs and set aside.
In a small bowl, mix the coriander, paprika, grill seasoning and marjoram. Rub the steaks with the spice mixture. Grill, turning once, about 5 minutes on each side for medium. Let rest for 5 minutes. Slice on an angle against the grain.
In a medium bowl, mix the vinegar, oil and honey. Add the reserved corn kernels, the tomatoes, cucumber, butter beans, dill and chives. Toss and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the succotash alongside the steak.