This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com .
- 2 steaks, such as boneless rib eye or strip steaks about 1 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped
- 12 leaves sage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds red Swiss chard or spinach, cleaned, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Bring steaks to room temp and drizzle liberally with olive oil, rub with crushed garlic and stemmed rosemary leaves, and season liberally with Kosher salt, black pepper. Let stand, covered, for 1 hour.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks, keeping garlic cloves atop steaks with tongs. Cook to crispy brown on each side (about 2 minutes per side) then transfer to oven to finish cooking for about 5 minutes. Let rest on a carving board before slicing for 10 minutes. Slice against the grain, fairly thin (about 1/4 inch).
Meanwhile, heat a turn of the pan  olive oil in a medium skillet  over medium-high heat. Melt butter into oil and when it foams, add the mushrooms. Brown until meaty, fragrant and deep golden; add thyme, sage, salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Add brandy and swirl a minute; add Worcestershire, toss and remove skillet from heat.
To the pan  you cooked steaks in, add a drizzle of oil and wilt in greens. Dress with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Top sliced steak with mushrooms and serve greens alongside.