Sliced Steak with BLT Sauce with Truffle Oven Potato Chips
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
For the Truffle-Parm Chips:
- 2 large potatoes, skin left on and cleaned
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- A fat handful grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Natural white or black truffle oil, for drizzling
From the Pantry:
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak
- 1/4 pound smoky bacon or pancetta, diced
- 2 leeks, whites and light green, cut into 1/2-inch half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 450°F.
For the Chips, slice potatoes1/8 inch thick or use the ruffled slicer on a mandolin for wavy fries. Place them on a baking sheet, spray lightly with natural olive oil spray, season with salt and pepper, and arrange the potatoes in single layer. Roast chips 25-30 minutes turning once. After removing from the oven, toss with parsley, chives, cheese and truffle oil.
While the chips cook, dress steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, in a skillet with a tight-fitting lid. Add bacon or pancetta, and render 2 minutes. Add leeks and garlic, stir a minute, then add tomatoes and season with a little salt and black pepper. Cover pan with the lid to slump tomatoes, 10-12 minutes, shaking pan occasionally. Add balsamic vinegar and remove from heat.
Slice steak across the grain 1/4-inch thick; top with BLT sauce.