Created for Feedback  2019, chow down on this smokey BBQ sammie served with horseradish ranch!
For the spice rub:
- 1/4 cup smoked sea salt (or regular salt)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon ground mustard seed
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper or cayenne pepper
For the brisket and sammies:
- 1, 8-pound brisket with a very thin layer of fat on top
- 1 red onion, grated
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup beer, such as Modelo Especial, at room temperature
- 8 sesame seed rolls, such as Big Marty’s by Martin’s Famous Potato Rolls
For the RR Smoky Beef BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons dark amber maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Coarse black pepper
For the Horseradish Ranch:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-2 Tablespoons buttermilk, to adjust consistency
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- A couple dashes of chipotle Tabasco
- 2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, parsley, and chive, chopped
- 1 clove grated garlic
- Cheese (optional)
Combine the rub ingredients into a small bowl . Generously coat the brisket with lots of black pepper on all sides. Massage the spice rub into the meat. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit overnight in the fridge.
Pre-heat a smoker to around 250°F and set up for cooking over indirect heat by placing coals and wood chips to one side. Place the brisket on the side without the coals and wood chips. Cook the brisket, fat side up, for 4 hours.
Pull the meat off and slather with the grated onion. Using a double layer of foil, create a pouch/packet for the brisket. Add the apple juice and beer, and tightly seal the foil.
Add a handful or chips and 12 or so coals, then place back in the smoker for another 2 hours. After 2 hours, open the lid and let the brisket sit in the packet for another hour.
Combine all ingredients for RR Smoky Beef BBQ Sauce in a small saucepot , and cook over a low bubble for 15-20 minutes. Set aside for later.
Stir the ingredients for the Horseradish Ranch together in a small bowl  to combine.
Thinly slice the brisket on a large cutting board . Add some RR Smoky Beef BBQ Sauce and give everything a rough chop to combine.
Assemble sammies by placing a pile of brisket on a roll bottom. Top with horseradish ranch and a slice of cheese (optional).
This recipe courtesy of our Feedback sponsors,