Sour Cream and Onion Stuffed Eggs
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large or 2 medium onions, thinly sliced then chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pasted
- Salt and finely ground black or white pepper
- 1 small fresh bay leaf
- 1/4 cup chicken or beef stock
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half and yolks separated
- Crispy shallots or store-bought fried onions
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat with oil, 2 turns of the pan. Add onions, garlic, salt, pepper and bay, and cook, stirring frequently, to caramel in color, 30-35 minutes. Add stock and let absorb into onions. Let cool and remove bay leaf.
Combine the onions with the crème fraiche or sour cream, mustard and egg yolks; adjust seasoning to taste. Fill a food storage bag with egg mixture and trim a corner with scissors to form a disposable pastry bag.
Fill eggs and top with crispy shallots or fried onions.