Soy-Ginger Grilled Salmon and Napa Sesame Slaw
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (3-inch), peeled and grated
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 small head or 1/2 large head napa cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 bunch snipped chives (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
Pre-heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
In a shallow dish, mix 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, Tamari, lime juice and zest, hot pepper sauce and ginger. Add the salmon and marinate, turning occasionally, for 15-20 minutes.
In a bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey, sesame oil and remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Add the cabbage and toss to coat evenly. Add the chives and sesame seeds; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Grill the salmon for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, 4 minutes on each side for fully cooked. Serve on top of the slaw.