This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com .
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped or thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 to 5 cups baby spinach or stemmed and coarsely chopped chard
- 8 large organic, cage-free eggs (preferably pastel-colored Araucana eggs)
- About 1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta, preferably sheep’s milk
- About 1/3 cup grated Romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano
- About 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated or ground nutmeg
Position a rack in the middle of the oven; preheat to 375°F.
In a 10- to 12-inch ovenproof skillet , add the EVOO, three turns of the pan , and swirl to coat the entire surface, using a paper towel to reach the edges. Heat over medium. Add the onion, garlic and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onion softens, 6-7 minutes.
Add the spinach or chopped chard and stir to wilt, 1-2 minutes.