This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
For the base sauce:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup grainy mustard
- 2 cups shredded low moisture mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded fontina or mild provolone for base sauce
- 1 3-ounce brick cream cheese, cut into pieces at room temperature or 4 ounces gorgonzola Dolce
- 1 16-ounce bag chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed out in a kitchen towel
- 2 cups defrosted artichoke hearts or bottoms, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely ground breadcrumbs from pieces of stale Italian bread
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cups chopped flat-leaf parsley
Make the base sauce for the mac: Bring cream, garlic clove and mustard to a low boil, and simmer 5 minutes to thicken. Remove garlic clove and add in cheese; stir to melt.
Add spinach and artichokes to cheese sauce, add pasta and stir to combine. Place in a casserole dish .
Melt butter in a small pot  over medium heat, swirl butter with minced garlic a minute or 2 and toss with breadcrumbs to moisten. Combine with cheese and parsley then sprinkle over casserole.
Bake mac until brown and bubbly, and serve.