Spinach and Feta Frittata
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- About ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 1 bunch scallions, whites and light green tops, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- About ¾ cup combined fresh mint, dill, oregano and parsley, finely chopped
- 2 bunches medium-leaf spinach (¾-1 pound), stemmed and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste (no more than 1/8 teaspoon)
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup panko, whole-wheat panko or gluten-free panko breadcrumbs (a handful)
- 1 cup Greek feta, drained and crumbled
- 12 eggs, beaten with salt and pepper
- 1 vine tomato, very thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add EVOO, 4 turns of the pan, add scallions and garlic and stir for a minute. Add herbs and start wilting in spinach in bunches; once wilted, season spinach with salt, pepper, nutmeg and douse with juice of ½ lemon. Add breadcrumbs and feta to pan, pour eggs over and gently stir to combine. Settle the eggs and let them set for a minute or so, then gently arrange the very thinly sliced tomatoes in a circle layered about 2 inches in from the edge of the pan.
Bake frittata until puffed and golden, about 25 minutes. Loosen edges and remove frittata to cutting board or platter; cool for 10 minutes. Cut the frittata into 6 or 9 squares and serve.