Spinach Salad with Apple and Red Onion
For a complete meal, serve with Pasta with Pumpkin and Sausage.
- 1 pound triple-washed spinach, stems removed
- 1 small Golden Delicious apple, quartered, cored and sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (a couple of splashes)
- 1 teaspoon grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey (a good drizzle)
- Coarse salt and black pepper
Place spinach, apple and onion in a salad bowl. Place EVOO, vinegar, mustard and honey in a small plastic container and fit lid on container. Shake dressing to combine, about 1 minute. Pour dressing over salad, toss, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.