Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Basil
Enjoy summer’s best from the farmer’s market with a spinch salad adorned with fresh basil and strawberries. Serve with Chicken Francese and Egg Tagliatelle.
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups small strawberries
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Chop the shallot and put it in a small bowl. Add the vinegar, sugar and lemon juice and set aside.
Meanwhile, hull the strawberries and cut them in half. Transfer to a serving bowl along with the spinach and basil.