Steaks with Blue Tarragon Butter and Charred Green Onions
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 4 lean, 8- to 10-ounce steaks, such as filets, trimmed sirloins, side-cut sirloins, each about 1 1/2-inches thick
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Olive oil spray
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese or smoked blue cheese
- 2 stems tarragon, stripped and chopped, about 3 tablespoons
- 1 bunch spring onions or scallions, trimmed of roots and tough tops
Bring steaks to room temperature and pat dry. Season with Kosher salt and coarse black pepper on both sides.
Preheat grill or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Spray cooking surface and steak with olive oil spray then grill meat 8-10 minutes turning occasionally for pink centers. Grill or char cut lemon halves during the last minute or two of cooking time.
While the steaks cook, combine butter, cheese and tarragon in a small bowl. Spray green onions with olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper.
Remove steak and squeeze charred lemon over them. Top with blue butter while they rest, 5-10 minutes. Char onions then coarsely chop.
Serve steaks topped with blue cheese butter and onions.