Steaks with Bacon and Mushrooms
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
From the pantry:
- Olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 bone-in sirloin steaks, each about 1-inch thick
- 6 slices meaty smoky bacon
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- 2 large shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or white wine
Bring beef to room temperature. Pat it dry and season liberally with salt and pepper.
Chop the bacon into a 1/4-inch dice.
Gently wipe mushrooms clean with a damp towel then cut into quarters or slice them.
Add bacon to pan and render 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and brown. Add shallots and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Stir 2 minutes more then add sherry or wine, and scrape up drippings.
Serve steaks on a plates or platters with mushrooms alongside.