Taco Baked Stuffed Potatoes
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 pound 80% lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (a scant palmful) each cumin, coriander and chili powder (preferred Gebhardt’s or ancho)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (half a palmful) paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup beef or chicken stock
- 4 large baked potatoes
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups lightly crushed corn tortilla chips
- Chopped lettuce
- Taco sauce or green and red hot sauces
- Diced and seeded tomatoes
- Chopped red onions
- Sour cream
- Diced avocado dressed with lime juice and pickled sliced jalapeño peppers
Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with oil, 1 turn of the pan. Add beef and brown and crumble. To browned meat, add onion, garlic, chilies, garlic, spices, salt and pepper. Stir to toast spices then add stock to pan and simmer to thicken.
Cut the top third off the potatoes and scoop the potato flesh into a bowl. Arrange the potato shells on baking sheet. Mash potato flesh with half the beef and cheese, and stuff potato shells. Top with crushed tortilla chips, remaining beef and cheese—it should look like nachos on a potato—and bake or broil until lightly browned and bubbly.
Top with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sour cream, avocado and pickled jalapeño pepper slices.