Toasted Hazelnut and Shredded Carrot Salad
Serve with Flank Steak Pinwheels.
- 1/2 cup peeled hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (eyeball it)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 1 pound shredded carrots
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup currants or black raisins
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped (a couple of handfuls)
Place a small skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped hazelnuts and toast until golden, stirring and flipping them about for about 5 minutes. While the nuts are toasting, juice the lemon into a salad bowl and add the mustard and some salt and pepper. Whisk in the EVOO in a slow steady stream. Add the shredded carrots, red onion, currants and parsley. Toss to coat in the dressing and sprinkle with the toasted hazelnuts.