Tomato and Mint Jam
Top lamb-wiches and more with this tangy jam.
- 1 can Italian San Marzano tomatoes (32 ounces) or 3 pounds fresh Roma tomatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 shallot, grated or minced
- 1 rounded teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce or aged balsamic vinegar
Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and mash the tomatoes. Cook until thick and jam-like in consistency, about 20-30 minutes.