This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com .
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche, sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole-berry or homemade cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons (eyeball it) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (half a scant palmful) poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 6 deli slices cheddar
- 3 brioche rolls or sandwich-size English muffins, split and toasted
- Sliced bread-and-butter pickles
- Leaf or Little Gem lettuce
- Thinly sliced red onion
In a medium bowl , combine the crème fraiche, cranberry sauce and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high.
In another medium bowl , season the turkey with salt and pepper then mix in the Worcestershire and poultry seasoning. Form 3 large patties thinner in the centers for even cooking.
Add the oil, one turn of the pan , to the skillet and cook the patties, turning occasionally, until they are cooked through, 10-12 minutes. During the last minute of cooking, top each patty with 2 slices of cheese. Tent loosely with foil to melt the cheese.
Build the burgers by layering the roll bottoms with pickles, lettuce, onion, cheeseburgers, some cran sauce and the roll tops.