Turkey Club Burgers
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic, pasted or finely grated
- 1/2 small red onion, grated or finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeño, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 12 slices meaty bacon
- 1 1/4 pounds (1 package) ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 8 slices Monterey Jack, white American or Pepper Jack cheese
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 8 Romaine or leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Coarsely mash avocados with lemon juice, garlic, red onion, jalapeño, salt and cilantro, if using.
Preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat. In a bowl, combine turkey with Worcestershire, salt and pepper then form 4 large, thin patties. Add oil to pan, 1 turn, then wipe pan with a paper towel to coat it in an even layer. Add patties and cook about 10 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through. Top each patty with 2 slices of cheese in the last minute of cooking time.
Pile some guacamole on toast, top with a cheeseburger, 3 slices of bacon, some lettuce, tomato and another sliced of toast. Cut in half and serve.