Turkey Roll Meatloaf with Ham and Cheese
This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup toasted plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- Freshly grated nutmeg, about 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 loosely packed cup finely chopped mixed herbs, such as thyme, parsley and sage
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 3/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 8 slices mild, cooked ham, such as Prosciutto Cotto or French-style mild ham
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups grated Swiss and Gruyère cheeses
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped cornichons and pickled onions from the jar
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine turkey with salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, nutmeg, herbs and a fat drizzle of EVOO. Mix and transfer to a piece of parchment paper. Form meat into a large rectangle about an inch thick.
Top the meat with an even layer of Dijon mustard, leaving a couple of inches of meat plain and exposed at the end to seal the loaf. Top Dijon with a shingled layer of ham then sprinkle with cheese and finely chopped cornichons and onions.
Use the parchment paper to help you wrap and roll the loaf then press it into an even shape. Place on a clean parchment-lined baking sheet and roast about 1 hour 15 minutes, to an internal temperature of 165°F. Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting into slices and serving.