This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 2 beef briskets, well-trimmed, about 4 pounds each
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- About 2 teaspoons each pimentón (smoked sweet paprika), cumin and oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 onions, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cans or bottles lager (light in color and flavor) beer
- 2 cups beef stock
Bring brisket to room temperature and season generously with salt and pepper. Combine the pimentón, cumin and oregano in a bowl  then rub into brisket.
Preheat oven to 300°F.
Heat a large Dutch oven  over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons oil, 2 turns of the pan . Add 1 brisket and brown on each side; remove. Add another turn of the pan  of oil, brown the second brisket and remove.
Add bay, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, salt and pepper to the pot then partially cover and cook 5 minutes to soften. Add beers and reduce by half, about 1 minute. Add stock and both briskets, cover tightly and transfer to oven. Roast 3-3 1/2 hours until very tender.
Remove brisket and shred meat. Give the vegetable sauce a good whisk  then add brisket and serve.