This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com.
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 anchovy filets
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 1/2 cup sweet vermouth or red wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or marjoram
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) red chili flakes
- 1 28-ounce can crushed Italian tomatoes
Heat EVOO in a saucepan or deep skillet over medium heat. Melt anchovies into oil, add garlic and stir a minute. Add paste and stir a minute more. Add vermouth or wine and stir then add stock or broth and oregano or marjoram, chili flakes and tomatoes. Simmer sauce 20 minutes to combine flavors.