This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com .
- 1 1/4 pound ground veal
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces dry Gorgonzola cheese crumbles or blue cheese crumbles
- 7 or 8 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 large free-range organic egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons pignoli (pine nuts) toasted and finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (from an organic lemon)
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet  with parchment paper
Place the veal in a bowl . Add 1/2 cup of the breadcrumbs and moisten with the cream. Season the meat and bread with the nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add the Gorgonzola, sage, garlic, egg, pine nuts, Parm and lemon zest, and mix, adding another 1/4 cup breadcrumbs if the mixture seems too wet.
Use a 2-ounce scoop or spoon, scoop out about 2 rounded tablespoons of the veal mixture and roll one test ball (about the size of an oversize walnut). Roast for 15-18 minutes to taste for seasoning. Adjust the seasonings, if necessary, then roll the remaining balls and roast until very light golden and just cooked through, 15-18 minutes.