Very Berry Smash with Meringues and Sorbet
Fresh berries, sorbet and cookies with a touch of limoncello is a wonderful summer dessert.
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- A handful of blueberries
- A handful of raspberries
- A few fresh mint leaves, chopped
- A couple of fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 shots limoncello liqueur or 3 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 pint lemon sorbet
- 4 plain (vanilla) store-bought meringue nests
Mash the berries and herbs with the limoncello or syrup in a bowl with a potato masher or fork. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Scoop the sorbet into serving bowls and add the meringues. Pour the berry mash on top.