White Bean, Spinach and Gnocchi Soup
Add some gnocchi to this easy beans and greens soup for a simple, satisfying meal.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil ( EVOO)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach (10 ounces)
- 1 can cannellini beans (15 ounces), drained and rinsed
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 box fresh or frozen gnocchi
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
In a large soup pot, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sweat for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the spinach and beans and sauté for another minute or two. Add in the chicken stock.
Bring the stock to a boil and add in the gnocchi; lower the heat and cover. Cook until the gnocchi is soft, about 4 minutes.
Stir in the lemon zest. Ladle into bowls and top with fresh parsley.