This recipe originally appeared on the Rachael Ray Show. For more recipes and videos from the show visit RachaelRayShow.com .
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated or ground nutmeg, to taste
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup fresh ricotta (cow’s or sheep’s milk)
- 1/2 cup (a couple small handfuls) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 cups shredded fresh mozzarella
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a 10-inch ovenproof, nonstick skillet , heat the oil, three turns of the pan , over medium-high. Add the garlic and swirl the pan  until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the drained spinach, separating it with your fingers; season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
In a medium bowl , whisk  the eggs and mix in the ricotta and Parm to blend well. Pour into the skillet and cook until the edges are set, about 2 minutes. Transfer to the oven and bake until the top is set, about 12 minutes. Top with the mozzarella and place back in the oven until browned and bubbly, 5-7 minutes.
Cut the frittata in wedges and serve with a tomato-onion salad alongside.